Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Steel Pipe Design

Tonight I found myself flipping back through my "design" pictures.  This folder on my laptop is reserved for all types of designs I come across online that I want to flag for inspiration.  A collection of industrial, vintage, modern, and many other styles under the rainbow, I always find myself saying "I forgot about that, I want to do that!"  Well tonight I share with you one of my "want-to-do's".

I have an addiction to hardware and the beauty of industrial design.  So of course several months ago when I came across this Steel Pipe Bed design I naturally flipped!


The style of my bedroom currently doesn't lend itself to building one of these, YET, but I have a great plan for this one day!  I did price out the materials for doing this set-up, surprisingly it's not as cheap as I thought.  The elbow pipes are what get you, but I do believe I priced this bed out at around $300. Now that is considerably more affordable than your Ashley's furniture bed frame.... btw, I'm still not convinced "ashley's furniture" isn't a curse word.

Ok so for now I continue collecting pictures of all the fantastic things you can do with pipe!  Check out some ideas and maybe you'll too grow your own addiction!


Curtain/ Shower Curtain Rod
Side Table, Dining Table, Coffee Table
Desk lamp
Coolest Menorah on the block

Kick A Bike Rack!

Well, there you go.  Just promise me not to steal any of these ideas until I get a chance to build some myself!  I hope to at least have this bike rack in my next place!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Rachael! Have you started or finished any of these steel pipes design ideas? I actually have tried using steel pipe a year ago. I made steel pipe shelves. Until now, it still looks great in our living room. I'm amazed with how durable steel is. And what's great about it is that it complements pretty nicely with the entire interior of the house. I'd like to see how yours turned out. -Melsteel Pty Ltd

    ReplyDelete